Companies are always struggling to retain the best talent at work and striving for ways to create an emotional bond to the organization in the employee’s mind. Start by looking at your team as real people, with ideas, aspirations, accomplishments and challenges, within the workplace and outside of it. These people are not a means to generating business results only, they are a formidable resource that needs to be understood and nurtured in order to deliver on what’s expected of them as workers. There is a direct relationship between employee engagement and employee motivation, productivity, satisfaction and retention.
Employee engagement is not just about spending money in outings and celebrations, employee engagement is than that where people wants to express their views, they want to get out of monotonous schedule of work pressure, day to day targets, meetings etc. for some time. Here we are sharing 5 small in-house employee engagement activities which will help you to keep your people engage and enjoy at work:
ACTIVITY 1 : NAME THE COLLEAGUES
- Write the name of each employee on a chit of paper
- Call each employee one-by-one to pick up the chit
- Identify the person whose name they have received
- The one to recognize correct shall be rewarded.
ACTIVITY 2: TRUTH AND LIES
- Employees to write 2 truths & 1 lie about them on a chit
- Call employees randomly to read out these chits
- Others have to guess which truth is and which is lie.
- Repeat the same process till all chits are done
ACTIVITY 3: OBSERVE THE TEAM
- Divide employees into groups of 8 or more
- Stand 2 teams facing each other & observe other team
- Ask the teams to do little changes in their attire
- Team pointing maximum changes in other team wins
ACTIVITY 4 : JOIN THE PIECES
- Divide employees in groups of 8 or more
- Except one, blindfold others. Scatter the team on a ground
- Person not blindfolded, has to direct the team & join all
- Team joined together in minimum time is the winner
ACTIVITY 5 : CREATIVE SKIT
- Divide employees in groups of 5 to 8 members
- Give each team some prompts to prepare a theme
- Each team to perform skit based on the objects given
- Based on voting, award the winning skit team
Appreciate feedback from all readers.