HR SUCCESS TALK FORUM

Full Version: Psychometric Training for a career in Talent Management
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have a query. I have spent most of my career at a senior level in talent management and leadership and management development. I have last year completed my Level 7 CIPD qual in Development and will be applying for Chartered Membership. I am currently looking for new roles and trying to ensure that I have the right technical skills for somebody looking for a senior career in talent management.

What would forum members recommend in terms of psychometrics/skills based training which could help augment my career experience.I went through many resources Talent Management Video ,but did not get much information.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you.
Hi,

Such a nice forum discussion on t his topic. Psychometric tests are often used as part of the recruitment process and are a way for employers to assess your intelligence, skills and personality. Recruiters use the results from these tests to determine whether you would be a suitable match for the company to which you are applying.
Psychometric tests include personality profiles, reasoning tests, motivation questionnaires, and ability assessments. These tests try to provide objective data for otherwise subjective measurements.
For example, if you want to determine someone's attitude, you can ask the person directly, observe the person in action, or even gather observations about the person from other people. However, all of these methods can be affected by personal bias and perspective. By using a psychometric test, you make a more objective and impartial judgment.
Psychometric tests can be used for a variety of purposes. Some of the most common uses are as follows:
1.Selection of Personnel
2.Individual development and training
3.Team building and development
4.Career development and progression