• Welcome to HR SUCCESS TALK FORUM
  • Lets Share and Learn
  • You can post your query or share things on below sub forums
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plan of Action basis performance rating of an employee
Dear Friends,

Performance management is incomplete if HR do not take appropriate action after taking performance rating of an employee.

HR has to track performance of each employee month by month and basis that actions should be taken.

HR should given equal importance to both low and high performance rating employees.

Attaching sheet which describe what are the actions you can take for various employees depending upon their performance rating.

Hope you will find it useful.

Attached Files
.xls   POA-Performance Mgmt-Defined check list-v3 Final 4 July 2011.xls (Size: 102 KB / Downloads: 120)

Govind Singh Negi
HR Professional- Sr Management
Follow at twitter: @govindsinghneg3 https://twitter.com/govindsinghneg3
Catch on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/HR-Success...2717854041

Good Morning Sir,

Yes my doubt is bit different. I need to clear that whenever we hire an employee in any department we need to have a growth plan for them to retain and to give him / her a proper direction about his personal as well professional growth in terms of profile as well as on monitory basis also, may b making career planning of employees is a rite word for that.

After working as HR Person from last 6 months now m aware about recruitment, hiring, training and induction, but after that how to evaluate performance and how to show their further growth, i am not able to plan that especially for administration staff. Please help in this.

Regards
Deepti Koranne
Regards
Team - HR SUCCESS TALK

Dear Deepti,

A lot has been written by me in my blog on how to evaluate performance of an employee. So i will not repeat the same as you have already gone through it.

I have already shared plan of action post performance management with you.

As understand that you wanted to know that how to make career path for employee. There is not simple and direct answer to this question. Everyone's desire with respect to professional growth is different. You will only be able to know about it from face to face interaction with employee. With performance management and competency mapping you can understand the capability of an employee.

You as HR and manager needs to discuss, what can you do for that employee? Align your training etc accordingly.

You also need to see whether your organization has suitable profile for such employees.

Every case is different and should be handled differently. In case you come across any specific case let us know. We will try to help

Govind Singh Negi
HR Professional- Sr Management
Follow at twitter: @govindsinghneg3 https://twitter.com/govindsinghneg3
Catch on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/HR-Success...2717854041

Hello Sir,

Could you please let me know that did we have anything simple process to create career path of an employee.

For a Software developer/Team, we (HR & Mgt.) decided and had segregated complete software development into 4 levels based on years of experience.

All levels (Example A, B, C, D) are defined in one liner and gives clarity that how A is different from B.
Please note that this is not yet shared with employees.

My queries:
1) is it similar to a career path? what is lacking here?
2) If not, where I have to change?
3) if you are saying that "face to face interaction with an employee."It's again different - different employees have different expectations.
4) Do we consider this as a generalized career path?
6) My purpose is to make career path for the company as well as for Passive candidates. Do you think that passive candidates may attract by seeing/knowing about the clear career path and it shows about the company as well.?

(11-06-2013, 11:02 AM)govindsinghnegi Wrote: Dear Deepti,

A lot has been written by me in my blog on how to evaluate performance of an employee. So i will not repeat the same as you have already gone through it.

I have already shared plan of action post performance management with you.

As understand that you wanted to know that how to make career path for employee. There is not simple and direct answer to this question. Everyone's desire with respect to professional growth is different. You will only be able to know about it from face to face interaction with employee. With performance management and competency mapping you can understand the capability of an employee.

You as HR and manager needs to discuss, what can you do for that employee? Align your training etc accordingly.

You also need to see whether your organization has suitable profile for such employees.

Every case is different and should be handled differently. In case you come across any specific case let us know. We will try to help

A less performing employee can be given opportunities to prove himself/herself thereby contributing to a better friendly work environment and management.

Hi Friends,
A formal performance appraisal is an important opportunity to summarize the informal evaluations of the employee's performance over a longer period of time. Arizona Board of Regents policy currently requires that an employee receive at least one formal performance appraisal every 12 months.Hope it will be helpful to you.

Browsing: 1 Guest(s)