Starting new journey with wordpress

Hi Friends,

I have been writing blog posts on various topics in HR on my blog post HR SUCCESS TALK. I have selected wordpress to write my future blog posts. Hope this platform will help all of you in better way.

Some of my popular old blog posts on HR topics are listed below:

• How to Build mature performance management system without any automation software? -Part 1

• Part 5- How to define Performance Rating scale and associating it with performance percentage?

• Part 6- Five Essence of mature performance management system to make it successful.

• Step by Step guide to set up HR Department in an organization

• What is Buddy Program and how to design it?

• 13 facts one should know about Gratuity!!

• How to make an Ideal Joining Kit?

• PF Fundamentals everyone should know!!

• 17 interesting Facts about PF (Provident Fund) act in India!!

• Launch of new HR Forum to discuss HR related queries.

• Must to know about designing CTC-Cost to Company of an employee

• How to design Leave Travel Assistance- LTA policy of your company?

• FAQ related to Leave Travel Assistance

• Insights of EDLI-Employee’s Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme

• Frequently asked questions on Payment of Bonus Act, 1965, in India

• What is Employee Compensation Act (Earlier known as Workmen Compensation Act)?

• 10 Facts you should know about Employee /  Workmen Compensation Act in India

• 12 Facts about Leaves and Holidays in India!!

• 8 common mistakes most of HR Professionals make!!

• Do’s and Don’t while making or reviewing Company HR Policies

• How to get best out of training programs conducted in your organization?

• How to measure ROI (Return on Investment) of training programs in your organization?

• How to design a suitable sales incentive policy for your company Sales force?

• Various actions HR should take post performance evaluation of employees

• How to design and implement PIP-Performance Improvement Plan policy?

• 6 Things to keep in mind while taking actions based on outcome of performance management system

• How to use social media to hire talent for your company?

• Mobile Recruitment- Next Generation Recruitment Tool

• HR Challenge-How to identify right fit for your company?

• Video Interview on Why Performance reviews don’t increase performance?

• Effective On Boarding Process : Step By Step approach

• 3 Basic steps to do before candidate joining!!

• 7 Tips to increase possibility of candidate joining after offer made to him

• 4 Steps of robust Recruitment process

• Do you think a HR Professional should have sale skills?

• Hope I will keep helping HR fraternity by my blog posts in some way. Wish me luck.

1. Manu Bajpai September 20, 2013 5:57 am  Reply

hello sir,
    these links are not working. Please provide alternative links.I want to read them.

• govindsinghnegi September 20, 2013 6:09 am  Reply

Dear Manu, All the links are working. Please suggest which link you are referring to .

2. Manu Bajpai September 20, 2013 6:15 am  Reply

It is now working. I think there was some problem earlier. Thanks for the prompt reply 🙂
    One more thing to ask: I’m pursuing HR from IMT-Ghaziabad. Please let me know, how should I increase my competency in order to match the level of those from XLRI,TISS,SCMHRD,MDI etc.

Awaiting reply,

3. govindsinghnegi September 20, 2013 7:17 am  Reply

Dear Manu, You are always welcome. Happy surfing.

Although MBA from premier institutes has its own importance but that does not mean that other can not grow. Knowledge and practice is the key to success.

I would also request you to share your knowledge with other in our HR Forum so that other can get benefited out of it.

4. Sarita Pareek September 25, 2013 5:05 am  Reply

Dear Sir,
    Please provide me some links to learn more about HR.

• govindsinghnegi September 25, 2013 6:00 am  Reply

Dear Sarita, There are many blog post written on this platform on various aspects of HR. Please let me know specific topics you are looking for.

5. Rohitaksh September 27, 2013 9:43 am  Reply

good afternoon sir
    I have applied for hal management trainee ( hr ) 2013 , can you guide me regarding psu exam preparation on hr topics , waiting for your reply sir

6. Chandan Singh October 16, 2013 8:50 am  Reply

Hi Mr. Negi,
    I have gone through your post on payment of Gratuity, As mentioned by you in the point no. 11 that there is a big debate on the issue that can gratuity be a part of CTC.

I agree with your comment but what law says on this …If there is a company policy that company deducts a fix amount from the salary of its employees every month as a part of gratuity, will the employee who has not completed 5 yrs. in the company is eligible for gratuity, as this is deducted from his salary only and this was the part of his CTC. Kindly note that their is a clear condition mentioned in the appointment letter of employee that the gratuity will be paid only after completion of 5 yrs.

As per gratuity act all gratuity payments are done on the basis of employees last basic + DA, how the gratuity will be calculated in this case, here he is getting back what was deducted from his salary……..that also if he has completed five yrs. or else he is not paid any thing…

Does this come under the preview of law, or what law says on such issues…Kindly let me know your views I will be more happy if your share your views with some supportive documents…

• govindsinghnegi October 18, 2013 11:40 am  Reply

Dear Chandan,

First of all, lets understand that Gratuity amount mentioned in employee CTC is not the deduction but gratuity liability of company which is mentioned in employee CTC. It is not part of his salary but CTC. There is a difference in both.

Gratuity can only be paid once employee completes 5 years of continuous service or death.

Gratuity Bare act can be referred as supporting document

7. govindsinghnegi October 18, 2013 11:06 am  Reply

Dear Friend,

I have no idea about PSU HR Trainee examination. Apologies.

8. Manu Bajpai November 24, 2013 4:17 pm  Reply

Hello sir,
    Can you please write some articles related to Benefits and Compensation department?
    Also, I wanted to know which HR department is currently flourishing the most?
    Lastly, please provide info about avg pkg of HR people in India, in case you have data.

• govindsinghnegi November 27, 2013 4:22 am  Reply

Dear Manu,

Thanks for suggestion. I will surely write more about Compensation and Benefits. I would also request you to go through my old blog by clicking on “Old Blogs” menu above. You can find many blog posts on Bonus, PF, ESI and other statutory components which forms basics of Compensation Mgmt. Also i have written on designing CTC of company and incentive schemes.

I could not understand your query “Which HR department is currently flourishing the most?” Please explain more.

Average salary of a professional in any field depends upon experience and industry for which the person works. You can simply use job portals which provides such tools. I remember has the option to tell you average salary if you provide your work experience, industry and profile.